Mar 15, 2019
Ep.13 - The Power of a Good Podcast Name
Tim and Kyle ponder the struggle behind naming your podcast by
pointing out what works, what doesn't, and why it might not
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle talk about the three principles of naming a
podcast: Be Original, Allow for Growth, and Don't Be too
- We explore the things that mess every podcaster up when they
get to name their show.
- We talk about how limiting Apple Podcasts search is right now
and how that won't last forever.
What did we learn?
- Pick a name - You can always change it later.
- But do the work of trying to find a good name because it is the
first thing your potential audience sees.
- Google wasn't Google until it WAS Google - which means don't
stress too much over this process.
- You may get known for your podcast so make sure your name is
something you can live with for a while.
- Do the Bar Test and the Friends and Family Test for every name
you experiment with.
- You can always change your podcasts name later, or better yet,
start a new one.
“Who knows a man's name, holds that man's life in his
keeping. Thus to Ged, who had lost faith in himself, Vetch had
given him that gift that only a friend can give, the proof of
unshaken, unshakeable trust.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea
Signal to Podwrecked:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at