Apr 13, 2020
Ep.34 - They Must Hit Play
Tim and Kyle get serious about the key elements that all
podcasts need to have if they expect listeners to actually hit play
and stick around.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle read Matthew McLean's Podcast Discovery
Stats in 2020 article.
- Kyle focuses on how these stats point out the importance of
description and episode titles.
- Tim focuses on how these stats point out the importance of
timing and intro hooks.
What did we learn?
- If listeners don't like the cut of your episode titles they
- Listeners DO make judgments about your podcast based on its
description BEFORE they hit play.
- If listeners don't get hooks within 5 - 15 minutes they will
- Listeners WILL hit STOP and DROP your podcast if you don't
communicate what your show is about in the first few minutes.
- Tim talks about National Poetry Writers Month
(NaPoWriMo) and how getting out of your comfort zone and
writing poetry is good for creativity.
- Listen to the very end to hear Tim and Kyle get "The
Sillies" and try very hard to recover from them!
Our Podcast Family: Join our Podwrecked
Salvage Team: A big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage
Team (Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the
Podwrecked Salvage Team (details coming soon) and help us make
content for our show, please join our awesome
Podwrecked Salvage Team Members Cliff and Mathew!
Our Podcast Family:
Audience Challenge: Timmy Kay and the Den of
Iniquity Band is still waiting for some suggestions for our
transition music to include:
- TODO: Way-Back Music
- TODO: Prediction Music
Visit the Podwrecked Lighthouse:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at