Feb 11, 2019
Ep.10 - Overnight Success and Other Podcasting Myths
Tim and Kyle take a deep dive into new data that exposes the
overnight podcasting hit myth and reinforces the truth that
podcasting requires hard work.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle experiment recording the podcast from a local
coffee shop and discover that people like to ask questions when you
put microphones on the table.
- We dig into the data within Dan Misener's article that supports
why the podcasting long game strategy is STILL TRUE!
- We explore what behaviors are causing so many podflashes,
podfades, and podwrecks.
What did we learn?
- There is no such thing as an overnight podcasting hit.
- Shows that have big audiences tend to do "these things" and how
"these things" are all about common sense.
- Podcasters that do not stick with podcasting for at least
2-years do not have hit shows.
- Producing at least 100 episodes is the milestone to becoming a
podcaster - you haven't even begun podcasting until you hit episode
100 (for one podcast or multiple).
- All the things that are hard in podcasting are still hard, but
if you overcome them you have a good chance of gaining an
- "An overnight success is ten years in the making."
― Tom Clancy, Dead or Alive
Reach out to Podwrecked:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at gagglepod.com.