Jul 31, 2020
Ep.40 - Did You Pause or Did You Podfade?
Kyle talks to Tim about his experimental podcast Clearly Obtuse and the challenges Tim has
had with producing it on schedule.
Episode at a Glance
- Kyle interviews Tim using the Nine Steps Back to Podcasting.
- Tim and Kyle discuss the differences between a podcast pause,
podfade, and podwreck.
- Tim goes deep into his challenges with producing Clearly Obtuse and how he plans to get
back on track.
What did we learn?
- Step 1 — Acceptance: Acceptance is Step One of the Nine Steps
Back to Podcasting and requires you to ask yourself to admit that
your podcast is worth working on or let it podfade.
- Step 2 — Humility: Humility is Step Two of the Nine Steps Back
to Podcasting and requires you to believe that you don’t know
everything about podcasting.
- Step 3 — Clarity: Clarity is Step Three of the Nine Steps Back
to Podcasting and requires you to get real and honest feedback
about your podcast if you are ever going to improve it.
- Step 4 — Insight: Insight is Step Four of the Nine Steps Back
to Podcasting and requires you to take an honest look at your
podcast and prioritize what you need to fix or improve.
- Step 5 — Commit: Committing to your podcast requires you to get
disciplined about your goals if you have any chance of guarding
- Step 6 — Focus: Focus is Step Six of the Nine Steps Back to
Podcasting and requires you to rebuild your motivation and find
your hunger for podcasting before you can truly get back to
- Step 7 — Reflection: Reflection is Step Seven of the Nine Steps
Back to Podcasting and requires you to earn your right to be
podcasting by first doing the work, celebrating your wins, and then
getting to stay podcasting by never forgetting what you have
endured to get here.
- Step 8 — Fellowship: Fellowship is Step Eight of the Nine Steps
Back to Podcasting asks you to go find other podcasters, learn
about their journey, and discover that you are not alone.
- Step 9 — Mentorship: It’s time to actively give back what you
have learned to the podcasting community and become the mentor that
keeps other podcasters from podfading.
Mentions in this Episode
"Some podcasts need to be podburied. Not the lessons you
learned from doing that podcast, just the podcast itself. Podcasts
come and go but the lessons are the critical part of the podcasting
-- Timothy Kimo Brien, Create Art Podcast
Podwrecked Salvage Team
A Big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Guests and
Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the
Podwrecked Salvage Team (details coming soon) and help us make
content for our show, please join our awesome
Podwrecked Salvage Team Members today!
Dive into Bonus Episodes
If you want to hear what Tim and Kyle have dredged up from the
bottom of the sea before anyone else, please consider becoming a $5 member of our Podwrecked
Salvage Team over at Patreon!
Captains of Delphi Predictions
Visit Our Lighthouses
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at