Sep 26, 2019
Ep.22 - Cake on the MAPCON Beach
Tim and Kyle are back to talk about their MAPCON (Mid-Atlantic
Podcast Conference; now rebranded Independent Podcast Conference)
experience and the 10 things they learned while having their
podcasting cake on the beach in Atlantic City.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle's Top 10 MAPCON 2019 Takeaways.
- Where have Tim and Kyle been for the past few weeks?
- Podwrecked has a new tagline: Survive Your Podcast!
MAPCON 2019 Top 10 Takeaways
- #1 - Tim: Clear/Clarity - An aspects of podcasting you need to
be clear (Intro/Outro, Show notes, Purpose, Why)
- #2 - Kyle: The Future is Local and you need to double down on
your niche - Meetups, Localized Content, Live Recording, Weekly FB
- #3 - Tim: Utilize tech to the fullest (Instagram, FB Live,
- #4 - Kyle: Goal Setting - Your podcast needs focus,
discernment, and prioritization
- #5 - Tim: Strong Branding (Audio brand, Intro/Outro, Music,
Scripting FB Live, IGTV)
- #6 - Kyle: Monetization requires that you have a small business
connected to your podcast (email list, a product, and
- #7 - Tim: Live, Live, LIVE! Don't be a podcast elitist -- use
live streaming, Youtube, Periscope, Twitch, FB Live, IGTV and go
LOOOOOOONG with your "VALUE BOMBS"
- #8 - Kyle: Verbal Branding and Sonic Branding is a thing you
should be thinking about before someone takes yours (Smart
- #9 - Tim: Conferences/Conventions are expensive. Plan according
and decide which ones have what you need.
- #10 - Kyle: Don't be a podcast elitist and only create content
for your podcast. Have you ever thought of turning your podcast
into a book?
Questions to ask yourself if you Podwreck:
- How long has the episode been out to the world?
- How many people already have this episode?
- Do I want everyone to get the corrected episode?
- Do I care enough to put a re-post in my feed?
- How long do you want to wait for Apple Podcasts to update from
- Did anyone even notice there was a problem?
- "Don't Suck" - Niel J. Guilarte
- "Not Everyone Listens to Podcasts" - Ross Brand
- "You need to create a niche. And if someone had already
beaten you there?
- Create a sub-niche!" - Dr. Tyson Franklin
- "Sometimes you are not your target market." - Jeffery
- "Make a podcast that YOU want to listen to." - David
- "Oh! And by the way, check out my podcast!" - Niel J.
- "Podcasting is a delivery system." - Mathew Passy
- "When I hit play, START THE PODCAST!" - Mathew
- "Don't Stop. Keep Going." - Nick G.
- "Not only podcasters but expert listeners." - Karen
- "The future is local." - Samantha (Sam) Riley
Podwrecked is an extension of:
- TODO: Way-Back Music
- TODO: Prediction Music
Visit the Podwrecked Lighthouse:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at